Wednesday, June 20, 2007

ATTN: T.I. and/or T.I.P.

I'm trying really hard to be excited for your new album, T.I. vs. T.I.P., and I was doing a pretty good job until I read the finalized track list.
It is, without a doubt, the most disappointing list of Guest Rappers that I have ever seen in my life. Wyclef? Busta Rhymes?
NELLY?
Even Jay-Z and Eminem can't get me excited. Jay's shit-tastic verse in Rihanna's otherwise awesome "Umbrella" was pretty much the nail in the coffin for him, and Eminem of late is just a sad self-parody (although I have always liked him better as a guest rapper, so maybe he'll surprise me).
Why, Clifford? Why would you tempt me with Lil' Wayne and R. Kelly collaborations just to laugh in my face like this? It's not like Lil' Wayne has anything better to do! The man breathes, eats, and shits rap. You could have pulled him aside after filming the "We Takin' Over" video, had him freestyle for 50 seconds and then never spoken to him again and his verse would probably STILL be better than whatever crap Busta talks about these days.
Have you HEARD "I Love My Bitch"? It's like getting fucked in the ear canal by will.i.am over and over again.
I'm astounded there's not a MA$E or a Mystikal collaboration on here or something. At least those guys names look silly printed on a CD jacket. The people you've picked are just boring.
Goddammit.

No comments: